Wednesday, November 28, 2012

DIY Week: Painted Pine Cones

Pin It
Are you ready for another easy holiday DIY project?

How about some gorgeous painted pine cones to dress up your holiday dinner table?  I love this little project for many reasons, but the versatility of the pine cones tops the list!  You could use them as place card holders:

Or in a centerpiece:

I added a few silver ornaments to get a little break in the pine cone action.

This project is just as easy as it looks!  I used some Martha Stewart Multi-Surface Acrylic Craft Paint in "Pool" and "Sterling" and a little paint brush to dress these pine cones up.  I simply dabbed a little paint on the tip of each pine cone scale (I googled that, it's really what they're called).

I'm thinking about painting some more little pine cones for Miss L's room...do you think hot pink and neon green would be too much? :)
 
Have a great Wednesday!
The 36th AVENUEHoliday

4 comments:

  1. This couldn't be easier or cuter! I love them in that tall vase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I used pine cones in my Christmas craft project and now I want to put them all over my house! I love that their "festive" but are still natural. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable are these!? I love that bright pop of color. Really great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look really pretty in the tall vase and couldn't be simpler. Such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete