Monday, January 14, 2013

DIY Mini Cake Stand

Pin It
Happy Monday!  I hope you had a great weekend!  Mr. Hoff and I were lucky enough to get a date night on Friday, which is always fun!  What I miss most from our pre-kiddo days is getting to go out to eat or to a movie whenever we want.  I wouldn't trade mommyhood for anything, but you know what I'm saying.  :)
~
I am starting the week with a quick little project I did over the weekend. I know I'm not breaking any ground here...I've seen these little DIY cake stands in gift shops and on Pinterest a time or two. Every time I see one, I think, "I should make one of those," and then promptly forget about it.
 
 
I had assembled all of the necessary components from Goodwill:
Yup.  That's right.  It cost me $2.50 to make this adorable little cake stand.  Gotta love that!
 
 
1.  I had some Gorilla Glue on hand.  It said that it was water proof and worked well with ceramics, so I decided to go with it. 
2.  Apply a generous amount of glue to the top of this little candle holder.
3.  Stick the candle holder to the center of plate and don't touch for 2 hours.
4.  Tada!  A cute little cake stand! :)
 
I plan on using this mini cake stand for a little Valentines Brunch I'm planning...won't it be perfect?
 
Have a good day! :)
 Lil\'Luna
It's Overflowing

5 comments:

  1. This turned out so cute! I still haven't made one of these. I need to get on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute for words - and thrifty,too. Well done, Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! :) I'm quite pleased with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! Goodwill bargains are the greatest! I'm hosting a craft party if you would like to participate!

    I'd love for you to share it at SHOW-licious Craft Showcase!
    http://sew-licious.blogspot.com/2013/01/saturday-show-licious-craft-showcase-15.html

    Marti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete